Infographic highlights how business intelligence tools can reduce rising healthcare costs to improve quality of care, increase patient satisfaction, and reduce labor costs
Business intelligence tools can assist healthcare providers in processing enormous amounts of data on a regular basis to make better decisions creating opportunities for improving quality of care, operational inefficiencies, and revenue. According to the infographic created by Information Builders, only 33 percent of healthcare organizations are utilizing business intelligence tools.
Given the rising healthcare costs, BI tools provide healthcare clinicians, staff and administrators access to data they need to make better decisions for patients, staff and the organization as a whole. The infographic shown below states the following five functions healthcare organization seek from business intelligence tools:
- Enterprise analytics
- Predictive analytics
- Accountable care organization analytics
- Healthcare integration/data warehousing
- Population health
A recent report from KLAS Research, which surveyed 100 IT decision makers at U.S. healthcare organizations, found that more than 50 percent intend to invest in BI solutions within the next three years.
Latest posts by Fred Pennic (see all)
- Is mHealth Data Moving Towards Big Data? - December 10, 2013
- 3 Big Predictions for the Global Healthcare Market in 2014 - December 9, 2013
- 7 Security Trends Healthcare Organizations Will Confront in 2014 - December 6, 2013