Secure mobile health leader, Diversinet adds 2 key mobile security patents to support BYOD and Meaningful Use for healthcare organizations.
Diversinet Corp, a leader in secure mobile health that “Powers Care Coordination through Mobility,” has been issued two key mobile security patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the Canadian Intellectual Property Office.
U.S. patent No. 8,341,712, “Method and System for Authenticating a User of a Mobile Device,” provides convenient new options for enabling multi-factor authentication. This technology enables patients to use their phones as part of multi-factor authentication for remote access to personal health information. This is in line with U.S. government standards proposed to take effect in 2015 with Stage 3 of the HITECH Act’s meaningful use incentive program.
Canadian patent No. 2,665,961, “Method and System for Delivering a Command to a Mobile Device,” enables solutions that help enterprises ensure security and productivity amid the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend, including the emerging mobile wallet, or container, architecture. This technology enables healthcare vendors to allow hospitals to remotely wipe lost and stolen smartphones and tablets. It also enables productivity-building capabilities, such as securely delivering a command to a mobile device that launches an application. Diversinet has submitted a similar U.S. patent application.
The patents expand Diversinet’s intellectual property portfolio to 22 granted and 26 pending patents. The portfolio provides the company, its customers and its licensees competitive advantages in markets such as healthcare, banking, government and general enterprise.
“Practically every organization, application and market worldwide now relies on mobile devices,” said Diversinet CEO Dr. Hon Pak. “Diversinet’s 48 granted or pending patents are a key corporate asset, as they enable organizations to create industry-first security and productivity solutions that address the rapidly-changing mobile needs of enterprises and government agencies.”
Diversinet’s patent portfolio spans innovations in mobile security, wireless provisioning, and digital certificates and permission in mobile and constrained environments. Patents cover industry applications and functions including:
- Mobile app stores – detecting the type of mobile device to provision the corresponding mobile software over the air
- Mobile device encryption – anti-cloning protection suitable for BYOD applications
- Secure data exchange and authentication protocol for mobile, remote and medical devices including secure remote commands
- Software update to devices that are attached to mobile devices, such as medical devices, NFC chips and credit card readers
- Online validation of SSL/TLS and other digital certificates, as well as anonymous digital certificates
For a complete list of Diversinet’s patents in the United States, Canada and Israel, as well as information about its licensing program, visit www.diversinet.com/
Latest posts by Fred Pennic (see all)
- Is mHealth Data Moving Towards Big Data? - December 10, 2013
- 3 Big Predictions for the Global Healthcare Market in 2014 - December 9, 2013
- 7 Security Trends Healthcare Organizations Will Confront in 2014 - December 6, 2013