During the recent mHealth conference, Dr. Mark Blatt, Worldwide Medical Director at Intel, talks with Aetna Vice President Martha Wofford about Aetna’s CarePass that focuses on providing convenient access to care for consumers. With a single secure sign-on, the CarePass platform will enable a consumer to share information across some of the most popular health and fitness apps, and create a personalized, coherent experience to manage their whole health, from getting care to staying well. As consumers face a changing healthcare landscape, CarePass and iTriage will provide important tools to engage consumers, connect them to providers, and help them navigate the evolving system.
To attract talented developers, Aetna has an open API program called The CarePass Developer portal that offers unique and powerful APIs from Aetna, HHS, and other innovators in the health and wellness community to create new innovative solutions. Featured developers include iTriage, Map My Fitness, GoodRx, and others.
CarePass has been available as a web platform, but will go mobile in March.
Key highlights of this interview include:
- Future of consumer healthcare apps
- Access to care
- Using big data to improve outcomes
Latest posts by Fred Pennic (see all)
- Shareable Ink Raises $10.7M Series C; Adds Former Allscripts CEO to Board of Directors - December 3, 2013
- Infographic: 5 Issues Impacting Patient Data Management - November 29, 2013
- AHA ‘Respectfully Urges’ CMS to Begin ICD-10 Testing by January 2014 - November 27, 2013