Medikly, Inc. (Medikly), the leading New York-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology provider for pharmaceutical brands and agencies, today announced the close of a $1.2M Series A round of funding led by Easton Capital Investment Group.
This announcement comes four months after the company graduated from Blueprint Health, a New York City-based startup accelerator, and just a few weeks after the company reported several marquee customers and strategic partners. Medikly’s unique enterprise-grade platform provides pharmaceutical marketers a multi-channel marketing solution that combines social, content, and big-data analytics to deliver insights and optimize campaign spend.
Launched in 2011, Medikly is a rapidly growing company that combines multi-channel marketing with predictive analytics to help marketers better understand physician behaviors and preferences. The company’s success centers around its platform’s three unique modules that include:
- Preference Discovery Engine (PDE) that allows marketers to identify and understand patterns of behavior, relationships and inherent qualities among physicians across multiple touchpoints.
- Personalization Engine that leverages insights from the PDE to present targeted and relevant information to physicians, through their preferred channel of choice, any time, anywhere.
- Analytics Engine that empowers marketers to make better business decisions, identify gaps and opportunities, predict campaign attrition, and optimize resources in real-time.
“There are thousands of healthcare IT startups that are consumer- or hospital-focused, and none that address the niche-specific, $30 billion dollar problem that pharmaceutical marketers face –– how to target and engage healthcare providers on an individual level, while being able to measure performance and drive business value,” said Venkat Gullapalli, MD, Founder and CEO of Medikly.
“Pharmaceutical companies have been slow to adopt technologies that demonstrate how their digital campaigns engage and influence physicians, and relate to the overall return on investment of their marketing dollar. By offering a best-in-class solution, Medikly’s platform fulfills this unmet need,” said Kresimir Letinic, Vice President at Easton Capital. “In a very short time, Medikly has accumulated an impressive list of customers and a pipeline of pharmaceutical clients –– clear market validation of the company’s platform. We are excited to partner with the Medikly team to help create a new, innovative, and scalable alternative to multi-channel marketing in the pharmaceutical space.”
According to Gullapalli, Medikly will use the financing to fuel the company’s continued rapid growth and enhance the development of its next-generation marketing platform.
“I started this company with a long-term vision to make it easier for healthcare marketers to engage providers with relevant, targeted content, no matter what digital channel they participate in,” adds Gullapalli. “As a physician and healthcare marketer, I saw first-hand how difficult it is to get a doctors attention. It shouldn’t be that way and Medikly is changing this.”
Latest posts by Fred Pennic (see all)
- Shareable Ink Raises $10.7M Series C; Adds Former Allscripts CEO to Board of Directors - December 3, 2013
- Infographic: 5 Issues Impacting Patient Data Management - November 29, 2013
- AHA ‘Respectfully Urges’ CMS to Begin ICD-10 Testing by January 2014 - November 27, 2013