Revenue and payment cycle provider, Emdeon Inc. has announced the launch of the first industry wide testing exchange for ICD-10 allowing providers and channel partners to submit test ICD-10 claims.
The solution will allow participating payers to receive the accepted test claims via Emdeon’s easy-to-use, self-service ON24/7 customer service portal. The Emdeon Testing Exchange for ICD-10 offers the following services:
- Provider submission of an unlimited volume of test claims
- Claim status feedback to providers of clearinghouse testing results
- Aggregation of accepted test claims for payers to use in their testing processes
How It Works
The Emdeon Testing Exchange for ICD-10 uses existing submitter communication and reporting preferences to make the provider/vendor submission and clearinghouse feedback process simple. The solution will also allow payers to develop their own timetable for requesting and receiving natively coded test claims from providers. There is no additional software required and testing services are being offered to Emdeon provider, channel partner and payer customers at no charge.
With the ICD-compliance date almost a year away, providers must focus on a adopting a streamlined approach to testing ICD-10 denials & claims data through defined test scenarios to gauge their potential financial impact.
Additional documentation to help guide Emdeon customers as they begin their ICD-10 testing also are available at Emdeon’s one-stop resource center, www.HIPAASimplified.com, which supports organizations preparing for regulatory mandates.
Latest posts by Fred Pennic (see all)
- Is mHealth Data Moving Towards Big Data? - December 10, 2013
- 3 Big Predictions for the Global Healthcare Market in 2014 - December 9, 2013
- 7 Security Trends Healthcare Organizations Will Confront in 2014 - December 6, 2013